A South American trailing plant with round leaves and bright orange, yellow, or red flowers, which is widely grown as an ornamental.
- Tropaeolum majus, family Tropaeolaceae
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Examples of these are ivy (the variegated types look very pretty), trailing lobelia, nasturtiums and ivy leaf geraniums.
- These could be interspersed with edible flowers, trailing nasturtiums and orange Calendula would be musts.
- For great foliage and color contrast, plant yellow nasturtiums around the outer rim of the planter.
Old English (originally denoting any cruciferous plant of the genus Nasturtium, including watercress): from Latin, apparently from naris 'nose' + torquere 'to twist'.
Definición de nasturtium en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.