Definición de naught en inglés:
Nothing: he’s naught but a worthless fool
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- First, think of a person who lives in disguise, who deals in secrets and tells naught but lies.
- When naught remained of the wound but the scar, the flow of light to the wound stopped, flowing about her hands, then vanished.
- With naught but a tent for shelter, the traveler is in constant danger - both from bandits and the elements.
Northern English nowt
sustantivoNorth American Volver al principio
variant spelling of nought.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- It is a series of numbers, hyphens, naughts, strokes, and zeds.
- Ryan was just hysterically laughing, asking how it was a twenty-one year old could lose to a five year old child in naughts and crosses.
- Those naughts and ones are then what we call modulated, or carried if you like, as a passenger on a radio frequency signal.
- 1bring to naught
- archaic Ruin or foil.Oraciones de ejemplo
ruin, wreck, destroy, devastate, wreak havoc on, reduce to nothing, blight, smash, shatter, dash, torpedo, scotch, make a mess of, mess up;sabotage, poison;cancel out, neutralize, negate, render ineffective, make of no use or valueAustralian informal euchre, cruelvulgar slang fuck up
- All of the divisions of Us, predicated upon the beast within, are brought to naught.
- In 1989, courageous people brought to naught the Berlin Wall.
- Such recommendations will only bring to naught efforts to increase cooperation and decrease politicization among States.
- 2come to naught
- archaic Be ruined or foiled: his hopes of becoming commissioner have come to naughtMás ejemplos en oraciones
fail, founder, be unsuccessful, not succeed, lack success, fall through, fall flat, break down, abort, miscarry, be defeated, suffer defeat, be in vain, be frustrated, collapse, misfire, backfire, not come up to scratch, meet with disaster, come to grief, come to nothing, miss the mark, run aground, go wrong, go awry, go astrayinformal flop, fizzle out, come a cropper, bite the dust, blow up in someone's face, go down like a lead balloon
- Everything he tries with the boy comes to naught!
- He said unless the boxers worked on their fighting skills, the quest for effective competition and excellence on the international scene would come to naught.
- All the extravagant statements come to naught.
- 3set at naught
- archaic Disregard or despise: your efforts are set at naught by those beneath youMás ejemplos en oraciones
- It only helps to be able to lock people up without trial if you know who they are - if you don't, your strategy is set at naught.
- In the other case the Court will not allow its process to be set at naught and treated with contempt.
- In this way a party who is in breach of the contract will be able to set at naught an exclusive jurisdiction agreement which is the product of the free will of the parties.
Old English nāwiht, -wuht, from nā 'no' + wiht 'thing' (see wight).
Palabras que riman con naughtabort, apport, assort, athwart, aught, besought, bethought, bort, bought, brought, caught, cavort, comport, consort, contort, Cort, court, distraught, escort, exhort, export, extort, fort, fought, fraught, import, methought, misreport, mort, nought, Oort, ought, outfought, port, Porte, purport, quart, rort, short, snort, sort, sought, sport, support, swart, taught, taut, thought, thwart, tort, transport, wart, wrought
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda