Definición de navel en inglés:
1A rounded knotty depression in the centre of a person’s belly caused by the detachment of the umbilical cord after birth; the umbilicus.
- Abdominal examination revealed a large scar from the navel downwards.
- The child may have low back pain, stomach pain below the navel, or a long-lasting fever.
- An umbilical hernia occurs when part of the intestine protrudes through a weakness in the abdominal wall at the navel.
1.1The central point of a place: the Incas saw Cuzco as the navel of the world
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Such men must be honoured and respected, lest chaos engulf the navel of the world yet again.
- Delphi was no longer the navel of the Greek world, acknowledged point of reference for the competing states.
- They named the place Cuzco, " the navel of the world, " and the Inca nation was born.
contemplate one's navel
- Spend time complacently considering oneself or one’s interests at the expense of a wider view: the Post Office cannot stop the world while the unions contemplate their navelsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- This is a famous soup from the Fujian Province, whose aroma was said to be so alluring that a meditating monk would abandon contemplating his navel and jump over the wall to indulge!
- The yogi contemplating his navel often figures for Westerners as an object of amusement, being taken as a symptom of indolence or narcissistic self-absorption.
- He came from High Times magazine, where he sat around and played video games and contemplated his navel.