adjetivo (needier, neediest)
1(Of a person) lacking the necessities of life; very poor: needy and elderly people (as plural noun the needy) the provision of humanitarian assistance to the needy
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The foremost vision of the Trust is to provide affordable Nursing Education to the needy students from poor and under privileged families.
- Old students also volunteered to help poor and needy students.
- Parvaiz was a silent social worker who saved many lives by donating blood to poor and needy patients and diving into the said river to save lives.
poor, deprived, disadvantaged, underprivileged, in want, needful, badly off, hard up, in reduced/straitened circumstances, unable to make ends meet, unable to keep the wolf from the door, poverty-stricken, indigent, impoverished, on one's beam-ends, as poor as a church mouse, dirt poor, destitute, penurious, impecunious, penniless, moneyless;
British on the breadline, without a penny to one's name
British informal skint, stony broke, without two pennies/(brass) farthings to rub together, in Queer Street
North American informal stone broke
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The abuse of power is rooted in the abusive family member's extreme emotional deprivation and neediness.
- Frank sang aggressively, peremptorily, without really expecting an answer; there is desperation and neediness in Nora's voice, but I don't hear her as genuinely asking a question either.
- He believes that conservatives tend to be people whose psychological needs went unmet in childhood, and who survived this early impoverishment by developing contempt for their own neediness.
Palabras que riman con needybeady, greedy, reedy, seedy, speedy, tweedy, weedy
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: needy
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda