- 1Failure to take proper care over something: his injury was due to the negligence of his employersMás ejemplos en oraciones
carelessness, lack of care, lack of proper care and attention, dereliction of duty, non-performance of duty, non-fulfilment of duty, remissness, neglectfulness, neglect, laxity, laxness, irresponsibility, inattention, inattentiveness, heedlessness, thoughtlessness, unmindfulness, forgetfulness; slackness, sloppiness; Law contributory negligence; Scottish Law culpa; Maritime Law barratry• formal delinquency
- Any casualty due to their negligence must be put up for a PIL and proper compensation demanded.
- We cannot just say it was not negligence without a proper investigation.
- Death due to negligence occurred in one per cent of this group.
- 1.1 Law Breach of a duty of care which results in damage.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The primary focus of those claims is in breach of duty and negligence, but I cannot agree that the defendant had a duty of care towards the claimant.
- The pleading against the solicitor is in the alternative, in negligence for breach of duty of care and in equity for breach of fiduciary duty.
- The action arises out of a claim by the Plaintiffs against their former solicitors for negligence and breach of fiduciary duty.
Middle English: via Old French from Latin negligentia, from the verb negligere (variant of neglegere 'disregard, slight': see neglect).