- A characteristic high whinnying sound made by a horse.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In a decision that speaks well of his integrity but poorly of his abilities as a children's entertainer, screenwriter John Fusco decided that his equine characters communicate only through neighs and whinnies.
- Shortly afterward, the others heard whinnies and neighs and the two rescuers urging their steeds forward.
- The nearest horses reared, shooting out two-foot flames, making a sound that was a cross between a neigh and a roar.
verbo[no object] Volver al principio
- 1(Of a horse) utter a neigh: he neighed several times in a very gentle way (as noun neighing) the neighing of horsesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Inside each of the four buildings a horse neighed, stamped or whinnied.
- The horses neighed and whinnied in the grand hall and the castle jolted.
- Generators are running all night and their horses are neighing and the dogs barking.
Old English hnǣgan (verb), of imitative origin; compare with Dutch dialect neijen.