- I suppose it's because neither of the Scottish sides have made the breakthrough yet.
- Great effort from the edge of the box - neither of these two sides is prepared to settle for a draw.
- The marriage was finally approved, but the bride was married with neither of her parents at her side.
1 The use of neither with another negative, as in I don’t like him neither or he’s not much good at reading neither is recorded from the 16th century onwards, but is not good English. This is because it is an example of a double negative, which, though standard in some other languages such as Spanish and found in many dialects of English, is not acceptable in standard English. In the sentences above, either should be used instead. For more information, see double negative (usage)2 When neither is followed by nor, it is important in good English style that the two halves of the structure mirror each other: she saw herself as neither wife nor mother rather than she neither saw herself as wife nor mother. For more details, see either (usage).
neither here nor there
- see here.
neither one thing nor the other
- Not clearly either of two things: Sam stands on the cusp, neither one thing nor the otherMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Mercury is, by nature, ambivalent, difficult to see, neither one thing nor the other.
- What has transpired of course is neither one thing nor the other.
- Trumpeted as the next big allrounder, but at Port Elizabeth he looked neither one thing nor the other.
Middle English: alteration (by association with either) of Old English nawther, contraction of nāhwæther (from nā 'no' + hwæther 'whether').
Palabras que riman con neithereither
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: nei|ther
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.