(also nemertine /ˈnɛmətiːn, ˈnɛmətʌɪn/) Zoology
Definición de nemertean en inglés:
A member of the small phylum Nemertea; a ribbon worm.
- Such an association of cells and mechanism of precursor translocation have not been reported from nemerteans previously.
- The organization of the body compartment between the epidermis and gut in nemerteans and flatworms also does not reveal a uniquely similar pattern.
- Frontal glands have been cited in the classical literature as probable homologues of Platyhelminthes and nemerteans.
adjetivoVolver al principio
Relating to or denoting nemerteans.
- The focal stage for this analysis is the early period of embryo encapsulation, a mode of development that has evolved several times among gastropods, polychaetes, nemerteans and flatworms.
- Consequently, his conclusion that platyhelminths, nemerteans, and rotifers ‘appear to have never had’ a prototroch is not supported by his analysis.
- Although long considered a character informative for linking nemerteans and platyhelminths, rigorous comparative analyses of protonephridial morphology have revealed no synapomorphies of nemertean and platyhelminth nephridia.
Definición de nemertean en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary