Definición de neo-Darwinian en inglés:
Relating to the modern version of Darwin’s theory of evolution by natural selection, incorporating the findings of genetics.
- In the neo-Darwinian approach to natural selection that incorporates consideration of genetics, fitness is attributed to particular genotypes.
- If you don't know anything about molecular biology and neo-Darwinian evolution then sit back and listen, rather than taking on the mantle of quasi-scientific commentator.
- To the best of my knowledge no one has considered neo-Darwinian evolution to be a one-shot game, yet the book reads as if this was the predominant view and that the authors have stumbled onto something new.
- Example sentences
- It is typical of creationists to exploit disagreements between evolutionists as proof that neo-Darwinism is dead while at the same time hiding their own disagreements from the public.
- In neo-Darwinism, natural selection is assumed to play a much more important role than mutation, sometimes creating new characters in the presence of genetic recombination.
- In so doing, he succeeds eminently in disarming the one-sided arguments advanced by defenders of both neo-Darwinism and intelligent design.
- Example sentences
- According to neo-Darwinist Dawkins, the innate aspiration of the ‘selfish gene’ to leave more of itself behind is the driving force behind evolution.
- Dismissing this censure with a smile, the cardinal spelled out a position that respects Darwin's achievements but rejects neo-Darwinist views he said go beyond what science can prove.
- Genes are seen as the essence of life, as acting to maximise their fitness and survival, with the result that the life world created is a neo-Darwinist one.
Pronunciación: /niːəʊˈdɑː-/sustantivo& adjetivo
Definición de neo-Darwinian en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia