Of or in a style of art and architecture that originated in the 19th century, characterized by the revival of medieval Gothic forms. In architecture it is manifested in pointed arches, vaulted ceilings, and mock fortifications: the large western window typical of neo-Gothic churches
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The eighteenth century saw Georgian and neo-Gothic architecture, which continued into the nineteenth century when neo-Classical styles arose.
- Moreover, sources within the CTO claim that this century old piece of neo-Gothic structure has not seen maintenance since a long time.
- Contained within the footprint of the original neo-Gothic chapel, the flowing, guitar-shaped plan emphasizes the continuity of life.
The neo-Gothic style.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- As it is, Melbourne is architecturally confused: a bit of neo-Gothic here, a touch of old colonial there, car parks and questionable attempts at modernism everywhere.
- English magic realism also has some affinity with the neo-Gothic.
- Those favoured by the regime still tended towards the neo-Gothic in architecture and sculpture, and an academic historicism in painting.
Definición de neo-Gothic en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda