- The branch of zoology dealing with living forms as distinct from fossils. Often contrasted with palaeontology.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The relevance of neontology, including ecology, to paleontology could not be more starkly revealed in these and other questions concerning biodiversity dynamics.
- Although the distinction between paleontology and neontology may be practical, it is not necessarily natural or productive.
- However, paleontologists have not been completely blinded by neontology and recent paleontological analyses also indicate that gastropod evolution was considerably more complicated than previously thought.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The tabulated fouling data for neontological occurrences includes only metazoan epibionts that appeared on the external surface of the cuticle.
- Comparable studies of fishes and other aquatic vertebrates are scarce, despite a wealth of neontological data.
- However, neontological evidence suggests that fissurelloids diverged from other vetigastropods relatively recently.
late 19th century: from neo- 'new', on the pattern of palaeontology.
Más definiciones de neontologyDefinición de neontology en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.