Definición de neontology en inglés:
The branch of zoology dealing with living forms as distinct from fossils. Often contrasted with palaeontology.
- The relevance of neontology, including ecology, to paleontology could not be more starkly revealed in these and other questions concerning biodiversity dynamics.
- Although the distinction between paleontology and neontology may be practical, it is not necessarily natural or productive.
- However, paleontologists have not been completely blinded by neontology and recent paleontological analyses also indicate that gastropod evolution was considerably more complicated than previously thought.
late 19th century: from neo- 'new', on the pattern of palaeontology.
- Example sentences
- The tabulated fouling data for neontological occurrences includes only metazoan epibionts that appeared on the external surface of the cuticle.
- Comparable studies of fishes and other aquatic vertebrates are scarce, despite a wealth of neontological data.
- However, neontological evidence suggests that fissurelloids diverged from other vetigastropods relatively recently.
Definición de neontology en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan