Definición de neophyte en inglés:
- A neophyte researcher in the subject would be helped to get literature, but I am sure that such a tender plant would soon suffer multiple-stresses associated with uncontrolled information overload lacking structure.
- The neophyte actor, now 19, was plucked from a Scottish classroom some two years ago and cast in Sweet Sixteen, the stormy movie about a troubled young lad and his dealings with the mob.
- Porteous says her cast of 13 neophyte and four professional actors have ‘really embraced’ the updated context.
- Back in 1962, Hunthausen went off a neophyte to Rome having barely had time to read the voluminous documents written in Latin for the bishops' deliberations.
- The tendency to start forming another church ‘is one of the primary sins that besets radical Christian neophytes.’
- These young men are not merely neophytes of the church with special responsibility for leading chants at services, but are viewed as quasi-magicians in their own right.
Late Middle English: via ecclesiastical Latin from Greek neophutos, literally 'newly planted' but first used in the sense 'new convert' by St Paul (1 Tim. 3:6), from neos 'new' + phuton 'plant'.
Palabras que riman con neophytecockfight • saprophyte
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.