sustantivo[mass noun] chiefly dated
An ill-defined medical condition characterized by lassitude, fatigue, headache, and irritability, associated chiefly with emotional disturbance.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In case after case, from somnambulism to neurasthenia to ‘Yuppie flu,’ we see how medical and cultural trends alternately reinforce and erode particular psychosomatic symptoms.
- Review of the catalogue of Chinese herbal drugs showed that treatment of symptoms associated with neurasthenia was indicated in 10 patent drugs of Chinese herbs.
- Fatigue was neurasthenia's chief symptom, bringing a loss of concentration and efficiency.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- For example, it isn't hard to imagine that many a person with multiple sclerosis was once considered neurasthenic.
- For certain troublesome neurasthenic cases, particularly in women, this discussion suggests a practical therapeutic measure.
- Here is the prototypical neurasthenic fatigue - almost suicidal, but ultimately too passive and weak to even take that course of action.
Pronunciación: /-ˈθɛnɪk/adjetivo & sustantivo
Definición de neurasthenia en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.