Definición de neurilemma en inglés:
sustantivo (plural neurilemmas or neurilemmata)Anatomy
The thin sheath around a nerve axon (including myelin where this is present).
- The oligodendrocyte does not form a neurilemma because its cell body does not wrap around any axons.
- These nuclei are believed to be in connection with a delicate sheath corresponding with the neurolemma of the medullated nerve fiber.
- The axis cylinder is the essential conducting structure of the nerve, while the neurolemma and the myelin act as insulating agents.
- Example sentences
- Finally, each nerve fiber and its neurilemmal sheath are enclosed by a connective tissue sheath termed endoneurium.
- Cutaneous neurofibromas are derived from peripheral nerves and supporting structures, including neurilemmal cells.
- In the cat and monkey myelin changes are prominent at the junction of the glial and neurilemmal portions of the root, which suggests increased vulnerability at that point.
Definición de neurilemma en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan