sustantivo (plural neurilemmas or neurilemmata)Anatomy
- The thin sheath around a nerve axon (including myelin where this is present).Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The oligodendrocyte does not form a neurilemma because its cell body does not wrap around any axons.
- These nuclei are believed to be in connection with a delicate sheath corresponding with the neurolemma of the medullated nerve fiber.
- The axis cylinder is the essential conducting structure of the nerve, while the neurolemma and the myelin act as insulating agents.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Finally, each nerve fiber and its neurilemmal sheath are enclosed by a connective tissue sheath termed endoneurium.
- Cutaneous neurofibromas are derived from peripheral nerves and supporting structures, including neurilemmal cells.
- In the cat and monkey myelin changes are prominent at the junction of the glial and neurilemmal portions of the root, which suggests increased vulnerability at that point.
Más definiciones de neurilemmaDefinición de neurilemma en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.