Definición de neuritis en inglés:
sustantivo[mass noun] Medicine
1Inflammation of a peripheral nerve or nerves, usually causing pain and loss of function.
- Unlike acute brachial plexus neuritis, the pain, weakness and sensory loss associated with cervical radiculopathy tend to occur simultaneously.
- In 1943, Spillane was probably the first to recognize acute brachial plexus neuritis as a distinct clinical entity.
- Differentiating acute brachial plexus neuritis from other diagnoses is important so that surgical treatment is not performed for small osteophytes that may be present on MRI, but are not causing the patient's neurologic deficits.
1.1(In general use) neuropathy.
- If you are suffering from any neurological disorders like neuroses, stress, or neuritis, the most suitable water for your condition will be the Velingrad waters.
- Perhaps you need to see a neurophysician who might tell you if your problems are due to neuritis or some other cause.
- Holst suffered from poor eyesight and neuritis in his arm, and his health was further affected by a fall in 1923.
- Example sentences
- Both cell lines display a rather immature morphology, although in response to various molecules they can grow neuritic processes with terminal arborization.
- The pathological hallmarks - and suspected, although not established, causes - of Alzheimer's disease include extracellular neuritic plaques and intracellular neurofibrillary tangles.
- When the plasma cholesterol level is high, an increase in sterol turnover in the brain may increase the rate of amyloid B production and apolipoprotein levels to promote the formation of neuritic plaques that are characteristic of AD.
Words that rhyme with neuritisappendicitis, arthritis, bronchitis, cellulitis, colitis, conjunctivitis, cystitis, dermatitis, encephalitis, gastroenteritis, gingivitis, hepatitis, laryngitis, lymphangitis, meningitis, nephritis, osteoarthritis, pericarditis, peritonitis, pharyngitis, sinusitis, tonsillitis
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan