Definición de neuroleptic en inglés:
(Of a drug) tending to reduce nervous tension by depressing nerve functions.
- A number of the older tricyclic antidepressants, typical neuroleptic medications and, more recently, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors have been trialed in eating disorders.
- Treatment of delirium requires use of neuroleptic drugs, such as haloperidol and chlorpromazine, not sedatives.
- Judicious doses of neuroleptic medication may be required if hallucinations occur.
sustantivoVolver al principio
A neuroleptic drug; a major tranquillizer.
- The drugs used for schizophrenia are antipsychotics or neuroleptics (major tranquillizers).
- In practice, however, drugs such as neuroleptics and other sedatives are often prescribed in an attempt to control what can be an alarming situation.
- Other agents, such as lithium, neuroleptics, trazadone and benzodiazepines, have not proved effective.
Definición de neuroleptic en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia