(also neurone /ˈnjʊərəʊn/)
A specialized cell transmitting nerve impulses; a nerve cell.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- It is made up from millions of nerve cells called neurones that control your body's functions, senses and thoughts.
- The thalamus (of which there is one on each side) is a large and important mass of nerve cells or neurons.
- These are cells which can be the raw material for all sorts of organs and tissues, from the pancreas to nerve cells, or neurones in the brain, to heart cells.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Every habit of thought and feeling is capable of being expressed in terms of neuronic physiology or morphology.
- A third and important realization is that the action exerted by a neuronic cell upon a certain synapse and therefore the contributory effects exerted upon a certain synapse are weighted.
- Single element as well as arrays of neuronic antennas have been fabricated so that radiation properties can be measured in the frequency bands available in our laboratory.
Late 19th century: from Greek neuron, special use of the literal sense 'sinew, tendon'. See nerve.
Palabras que riman con neuronfleuron, Huron
Definición de neuron en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda