- A predatory flying insect of the order Neuroptera, such as a lacewing or alderfly.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Zygopterans and tabanids were absent, and coleopterans, neuropterans, trichopterans, hemipterans (true bugs), and anisopterans were rare.
- The first neuropterans are believed to have appeared during the Permian, almost 300 million years ago.
- Because of this, some neuropterans have been successfully used in the biological control of crop pests.
adjetivoVolver al principio
- Relating to or denoting neuropterans.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- These have been neglected in studies on neuropteran anatomy, and many aspects of their biology are likewise obscure.
- There are two different kinds of neuropteran eye, with and without distal rhabdomeres, which can be expected on anatomical grounds to function differently.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Snyder reported a strange neuropterous larva which he found in a termite colony at Falls Church, Va., in 1918.
- Research Emphases are: geological record of neuropterous insects, integration of fossil and living taxa into combined phylogenetic analyses.
- Biological control of aphids using neuropterous insect (Chrysopa nipponensis Okamoto) larvae was investigated.
Más definiciones de neuropteranDefinición de neuropteran en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.