Definición de neurotransmitter en inglés:
A chemical substance which is released at the end of a nerve fibre by the arrival of a nerve impulse and, by diffusing across the synapse or junction, effects the transfer of the impulse to another nerve fibre, a muscle fibre, or some other structure.
- Cnidarians contain chemical synapses and release neurotransmitters, including biogenic amines and peptides.
- Excitatory neurotransmitters transfer an impulse to the next cell.
- Nerve impulses are transmitted at synapses by the release of chemicals called neurotransmitters.
- Example sentences
- Nitric oxide is a unique, gaseous free radical that is an important physiologic mediator for autonomic functions such as vasodilation, neurotransmission, and intestinal peristalsis.
- We provide the first evidence that tachykinin neurokinin - 3 receptors regulate human bronchial parasympathetic ganglion neurotransmission by activation of a peripheral reflex.
- Maintaining a higher level of neurotransmitters improves neurotransmission - the sending of those nerve impulses - which, in turn, improves your mood.
Definición de neurotransmitter en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan