sustantivo[mass noun] Biology
- Small aquatic organisms inhabiting the surface layer or moving on the surface film.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Catch efficiency of the neuston net was 4.2 times higher than the surface ring net for larvae.
- To obtain such quantitative data it is necessary to measure the quantity of water that has been scanned by the mouth opening of the neuston net into which the marine life has been gathered.
- Repeated sampling was more extensive with bongo / Tucker gear than with neuston gear.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- This study compares the abundance and mass of neustonic debris with the amount of zooplankton in this area.
- As a rule, there were no significant differences in antibiotic resistance between neustonic and planktonic bacteria.
- S. mucronata is the only cladoceran to exhibit neustonic feeding by hanging upside down.
early 20th century: via German from Greek, neuter of neustos 'swimming', on the pattern of plankton.
Más definiciones de neustonDefinición de neuston en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.