sustantivo[mass noun] Medicine
The presence of abnormally few neutrophils in the blood, leading to increased susceptibility to infection.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Fever and infection, due to neutropenia, are infrequent at presentation, but may occur later in the disease.
- As for safety, most drugs caused the usual signs of cytotoxicity, including neutropenia, thrombocytopenia, fever, infections, and gastrointestinal toxicity.
- Prophylactic antibiotics can prevent infections and save lives in patients who develop neutropenia after chemotherapy for cancer, say researchers from Israel.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Despite initial pancytopenia and neutropenic sepsis, she has tolerated three cycles of chemotherapy.
- Children who are neutropenic secondary to cancer chemotherapy are usually admitted to the hospital for treatment with broad-spectrum antibiotics when they develop a fever.
- Systemic infection with Candida is a challenging problem in immunocompromised neutropenic patients.
1930s: from neutral + Greek penia 'poverty, lack'.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: neu¦tro|penia
Definición de neutropenia en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda