- 1The phase of the moon when it first appears as a slender crescent, shortly after its conjunction with the sun: owls hooted and the new moon roseMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Every month, the first crescent of the new moon is observed, defining the beginning of the new month, whilst each year Ramadan commences 11 days earlier.
- We all speculate that we want to go at a time when the moon is a new moon.
- A solar eclipse can only occur at conjunction, and the sighting of the new moon is typically not until 30 hours later.
- 1.1The time when the new moon appears.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- From new moon to new moon, and from sabbath to sabbath, all flesh shall come to worship before me, says the LORD.
- The members organise turtle walks everyday and during full moon and new moon days, intensify the patrols.
- Isn't it ironic that you guys performed your story - which revolves around a new moon - on the night of the new moon?
- 1.2 Astronomy The time at which the moon is in conjunction with the sun, when it is not visible from the earth: only 31 hours before new moonMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Syzygy of the sun, Earth, and moon occur twice a month, at the full and new moons.
Más definiciones de new moonDefinición de new moon en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.