Definición de nickel en inglés:
- Metals like silver, nickel and gold are a perfect medium for coinage because of their durability and the value accorded by their relative rarity.
- We are already exporting gold and we have substantial resources of silver, uranium, nickel, cobalt, the deposits of which need further investigation.
- When waste oils are burned in incinerators, toxic metals such as nickel, vanadium and cadmium get ensnared in the particles given off into the atmosphere.
- Here we have ten coins: pennies, nickels, and dimes.
- You have five quarters, two nickels, three dimes and a penny in your pocket.
- There on the counter, the boy had left two nickels and five pennies.
verbo (nickels, nickelling, nickelled; US nickels, nickeling, nickeled)[with object] (usually as adjective nickelled) Volver al principio
- Riggs had executed scrollwork on more than 75 percent of the big Smith and then had it satin nickeled to better show off the engraving.
- The gun that came out of Devel as a Basic Combat Conversion, shortened and electroless nickeled, looked like it grew that size, but still packed a punch.
Mid 18th century: shortening of German Kupfernickel, the copper-coloured ore from which nickel was first obtained, from Kupfer 'copper' + Nickel 'demon' (with reference to the ore's failure to yield copper).
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- In the early 1900's Thomas Edison developed the alkaline cell using iron and nickelic oxide.
- The amount of free cadmium in the oversized plate is matched to discharge in step with the amount of nickelic hydroxide provided in the positive plate.
- Nickel Cadmium batteries work by oxidizing nickelic hydroxide into nickelous hydroxide, which produces two free electronics for every transaction.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Garrett Solyom, in his book The World of the Javanese Keris, describes the kris as long asymmetrical daggers with distinctive blade-patterning achieved through alternating laminations of iron and pamor (nickelous iron).
- The formation of nickelous ions substituted magnetite was enhanced with a decrease in the oxygen bubbling rate.
- The spherical nickelous hydroxide which is dopped, according to present invention, has advantages of uniform size and narrow size distribution.
Palabras que riman con nickelchicle, fickle, mickle, pickle, prickle, sickle, strickle, tickle, trickle
Definición de nickel en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.