Definición de nickelodeon en inglés:
1 informal , dated A jukebox, originally one operated by the insertion of a nickel coin.
- She devotes loving attention to her orchestra, and especially to the coin-operated nickelodeon, the earliest version of a juke box.
- An equivalent system is the punched-hole stack of connected cards used in a pianola, or the rotating slotted-metal disk in a nickelodeon, where the music is being played in response to the arrangement of the holes.
- This sounds like I'm describing the days of crystal-set radios and hand-cranked nickelodeons, I know.
2 historical A cinema with an admission fee of one nickel.
- Another sound in the nickelodeons was the murmur of immigrant voices translating aloud the titles into the languages of Europe.
- Before long, thousands of nickelodeons popped up in cities across the country, ushering in a new era of the motion picture as profit-making industry, entertainment for the masses and pop culture juggernaut.
- In working class neighborhoods, children and teenagers flocked to the cheap storefront movie theaters, called nickelodeons, where even at night only a minority of the audience were adults.
Definición de nickelodeon en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan