- (Of a horse) give a soft breathy whinny.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Suddenly, a bright flash of blue illuminated the stable house and the horses were nickering and neighing.
- The horses in the paddocks were whinnying and nickering, and our mares called out in response.
- Her horse nickered lightly, the lips moving silently.
sustantivoVolver al principio
- A soft whinnying sound.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He had a low-pitched nicker that touched my heart.
- He returned the sound with a nicker of his own and pressed eagerly against the door of his stall.
- She gave a little nicker and pranced playfully back and forth in front of us.
late 16th century: imitative.