Definición de nicotiana en inglés:
An ornamental plant related to tobacco, with tubular flowers that are particularly fragrant at night. Also called tobacco plant.
- Genus Nicotiana, family Solanaceae: several species, in particular N. alata
- These include the dahlias and impatiens as well as roses, cyclamen, nicotiana, geum and the darkening petals of Sedum spectabile.
- Columbine and nicotiana sprouted everywhere, as did a colony of small buddleia.
- A primula is still making a brave attempt at flowering, and it will soon be replaced with blue and white trailing and bush lobelia, and green and white flowered nicotiana.
from modern Latin nicotiana (herba) 'tobacco (plant)', named after Jean Nicot, a 16th-century French diplomat who introduced tobacco to France in 1560.
Definición de nicotiana en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan