Definición de nightshade en inglés:
A plant related to the potato, typically having poisonous black or red berries. Several kinds of nightshade have been used in the production of herbal medicines.
- Solanum and other genera, family Solanaceae (the nightshade family): several species, including the European woody nightshade (S. dulcamara), a climber with purple flowers and red berries. The nightshade family includes many commercially important plants (potato, tomato, capsicum peppers, tobacco) as well as a number of highly poisonous ones (henbane, thorn apple). See also deadly nightshade
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Bessey disarmingly recounts how: I was lecturing on the properties of the plants constituting the Solanaceae, and, as a matter of course, said that the berries of the black nightshade were poisonous.
- As it is, the potato belongs to the botanical family, Solanacea, to which poisonous plants like the nightshade belong.
- Dock, foxtail, jimsonweed, johnsongrass, morning glory, wild nightshades and ragweed indicate a soil low in calcium and phosphorus.
Definición de nightshade en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda