- A colourless gas with a sweetish odour, prepared by heating ammonium nitrate. It produces exhilaration or anaesthesia when inhaled and is used (mixed with oxygen) as an anaesthetic and as an aerosol propellant.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Chemical formula: N2O
- Other trace gases include methane, nitrous oxide, carbon monoxide, sulphur dioxide, and ozone.
- These gases, including carbon dioxide, methane and nitrous oxide, absorb heat more readily than do the main constituents of our atmosphere, oxygen and nitrogen.
- Carbon dioxide, methane, nitrous oxide, and other gases are known collectively as greenhouse gases because they trap heat in the atmosphere.
Más definiciones de nitrous oxideDefinición de nitrous oxide en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.