A person of wealth or high social position: it was quite a do—all the nobs were there
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Previously chicken was regarded as mere peasant food, but the ever socially aspirant Portuguese saw the nobs taking an interest in the chicken stones and started to eat more chicken and chicken related products.
- Sebastian was probably the best in their batch, although that was expected, since if Jacob's theory was true, he must be a nob, and nobs always learned to fence fancy.
- If I blocked out all the wealthy nobs around me I could see only one thing.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Even so, this is a distinctly more nobby Sonata than anyone has seen, a far cry from the upper-echelon mini cab that it formerly was.
- Although it's all hip and happening and located in the East Village, it's not a nobby joint and no one will think twice if you turn up in your sweats after a workout at the gym.
- Lets be honest 90% of most nobby restaurant lists consist of the same old trophy wines.
Late 17th century (originally Scots as knab): of unknown origin.
Palabras que riman con nobblob, bob, cob, dob, fob, glob, gob, hob, job, lob, mob, rob, slob, snob, sob, squab, stob, swab, throb, yob
one for his nob
- (In cribbage) a bonus point scored for holding the jack of the same suit as the card turned up by the dealer.Oraciones de ejemplo
- This game had it all… a double-pair royal, a controversial muggins, a come-from-behind peg out, and even one for his nob.
- He put his hand under where the container should have been and then handed the bob back to his ma - not a smile or a comment from the card players, just, ‘Fifteen for two, 15, four and one for his nob.’
- A player who holds the Jack of the same suit as the start pegs one for his nob.
Late 17th century: apparently a variant of knob.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda