- Relating to or denoting pain arising from the stimulation of nerve cells (often as distinct from that arising from damage or disease in the nerves themselves): as the extremity warms, heat sensitive nociceptive afferents are stimulatedMás ejemplos en oraciones
- As well, acute pain tends to be a direct result of nociceptive stimulation due to musculoskeletal injury compared to chronic pain, which is more often related to supratentorial processing of neuropathic stimuli.
- The other afferent nerve fibers are the nociceptive fibers, including myclinated A [delta] fibers and unmyelinated slowly conducting C fibers with cell bodies in the jugular ganglia.
- Local anesthetics also alter transmission of nociceptive impulses by blocking afferent sensory fibers.
early 20th century: from Latin nocere 'to harm' + receptive.
Más definiciones de nociceptiveDefinición de nociceptive en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.