- 1 Music A short composition of a romantic nature, typically for piano.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- If piano students are playing Mozart and Haydn sonatas, Chopin nocturnes and Debussy preludes, they certainly are capable of playing some chamber music repertoire.
- Its singing melodies, rocking accompaniments and romantic harmonies advance the composition of nocturnes from Field to Chopin.
- Pulling out the bench and grabbing her sheet music (although she didn't need it), Nicole began to play a nocturne by her favorite composer, Chopin.
- 2 Art A picture of a night scene.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- For the most part, his early paintings are nocturnes in the style of Whistler.
- In order to get a fuller understanding of de la Tour's art, students should also study some of his nighttime pictures, his nocturnes.
- The soft focus and murky shadows of his nocturnes gave way to the need to make the clearest images possible.
mid 19th century: French, from Latin nocturnus 'of the night'.
Más definiciones de nocturneDefinición de nocturne en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.