Definición de nocturne en inglés:
1 Music A short composition of a romantic nature, typically for piano.
- If piano students are playing Mozart and Haydn sonatas, Chopin nocturnes and Debussy preludes, they certainly are capable of playing some chamber music repertoire.
- Its singing melodies, rocking accompaniments and romantic harmonies advance the composition of nocturnes from Field to Chopin.
- Pulling out the bench and grabbing her sheet music (although she didn't need it), Nicole began to play a nocturne by her favorite composer, Chopin.
2 Art A picture of a night scene.
- For the most part, his early paintings are nocturnes in the style of Whistler.
- In order to get a fuller understanding of de la Tour's art, students should also study some of his nighttime pictures, his nocturnes.
- The soft focus and murky shadows of his nocturnes gave way to the need to make the clearest images possible.
Words that rhyme with nocturnenocturn
Definición de nocturne en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan