- A small block or peg of wood.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Why not just knock the last nog out and fit two more studs then replace the nog (only shorter)?
- The method used to secure the keel assembly atop the blocks is unclear; Sutherland proposes notches in the tops of the splitting blocks and Ollivier states that they used wooden nogs driven down vertically into the keel block.
early 17th century: of unknown origin.
sustantivo[mass noun] British
- 1 • archaic A kind of strong beer brewed in East Anglia.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Nog was a very strong kind of beer peculiar to East Anglia and a hogshead is about 60 gallons.
- 2 short for eggnogMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The final observance of the day is to carve the names of every woman who broke my heart into my arms and stomach, my senses dulled by the whiskey nog.
- Can I get you some vodka nog?
- Or do any of you think it is fine to let a 12-year-old have a sip of whisky nog.
late 17th century: of unknown origin.