Definición de noir en inglés:
1A genre of crime film or fiction characterized by cynicism, fatalism, and moral ambiguity: his film proved that a Brit could do noir as darkly as any American
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It is hard-boiled Hollywood noir, featuring fantastic dialogue and great performances.
- The film is a pastiche of screwball and noir, full of fast talk, funny banter, and venetian blind shadows.
- Both are strongly unconventional films in the dark noir tradition.
1.1 [count noun] A film or novel in the noir genre: he says he’s making a noir
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Edgar Ulmer's reputation rests largely on a series of no-budget, claustrophobic noirs and thrillers like Strange Illusion, Bluebeard, and of course Detour.
- An ambitious pastiche of Hollywood noirs, pulp comic books of the '50s and classic science fiction, the film was created entirely with computers.
- Fortunately, Gun Crazy offers us much beyond this basic premise, making it not only one of the top few noirs of all time but, according to Gary Johnson, also ‘one of the greatest B movies ever made.’
1970s: from film noir.
- Example sentences
- Only the capricious talent of David Lynch could manage to produce a noirish thriller that is so confusing and yet spellbinding at the same time.
- The show was a dark, noirish thriller about a psychopath working his way up through the ranks of a major corporation.
- When Himes was known at all, he was thought of as a writer of noirish detective thrillers, which were seen as a comedown from promising literary beginnings.
Words that rhyme with noiraargh, Accra, afar, ah, aha, aide-mémoire, ajar, Alcazar, are, Armagh, armoire, Artois, au revoir, baa, bah, bar, barre, bazaar, beaux-arts, Bekaa, bête noire, Bihar, bizarre, blah, Bogotá, Bonnard, bra, cafard, café noir, Calabar, car, Carr, Castlebar, catarrh, Changsha, char, charr, cigar, comme ci comme ça, commissar, coup d'état, de haut en bas, devoir, Dhofar, Directoire, Du Bois, Dumas, Dunbar, éclat, embarras de choix, escritoire, fah, famille noire, far, feu de joie, film noir, foie gras, Fra, galah, gar, guar, guitar, ha, hah, ha-ha, Halacha, hurrah, hussar, huzza, insofar, Invar, jar, je ne sais quoi, ka, kala-azar, Kandahar, khimar, Khorramshahr, knar, Krasnodar, Kwa, la-di-da, lah, Lehár, Loire, ma, mama, mamma, mar, Mardi Gras, ménage à trois, mirepoix, moire, nam pla, Navarre, objet d'art, pa, pah, Panama, papa, par, Pará, Paraná, pas, pâté de foie gras, peau-de-soie, pietà, Pinot Noir, pooh-bah, poult-de-soie, pya, rah, registrar, Saar, Salazar, Sana'a, sang-froid, scar, schwa, Seychellois, shah, Shangri-La, shikar, ska, sol-fa, spa, spar, star, Starr, Stranraer, ta, tahr, tar, tartare, tata, tra-la, tsar, Twa, Villa, voilà, waratah, yah
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan