- Then, as now, type specimens constituted the fundamental entity upon which species are described according to the rules of zoological nomenclature.
- We follow the general rules of zebrafish nomenclature for designating locus and allele names.
- These set guidelines and publish a reports containing the rules of nomenclature.
- Initially, Western readers will grapple with the code names and nomenclature of Soviet weapon systems - many do not even match the terms found in arms-control treaties sponsored by the Soviet Union.
- It's a good thing for you that you didn't go into a biological science; if you had, you would have been dealing not only with a binomial system of nomenclature but one in which the words are in Latin.
- As with alliance military technology, the interoperability of command systems and nomenclature is essential.
- It is termed ‘humanitarian’, but a more apt nomenclature would instead be ‘crime against humanity’.
- If you call with a complaint or a problem try to use the correct nomenclature or terminology for the part or problem you are addressing.
- In our culture, the meaning of ‘love’ has been all but lost, probably because we don't have the nomenclature in our language.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- This nomenclator contains all specific and infraspecific names attributed to the suborder.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- But abandonment of the Linnean nomenclatural system does not mean abandonment of the principle of priority, although in the phylogenetic nomenclatural system priority is based on definitions rather than memberships or diagnoses.
- Strictly speaking, these four species, traditionally placed in their own monotypic Linnaean families, are just some among many living species of turtles and consequently should receive no special nomenclatural attention.
- They have, however, argued that when this system is extended to refer to the naming of species, nomenclatural stability will be improved because the unfortunate existing relationship between genera and species will be removed.
Early 17th century: from French, from Latin nomenclatura, from nomen 'name' + clatura 'calling, summoning' (from calare 'to call').
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: no¦men|cla¦ture
Definición de nomenclature en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.