Definición de nominalize en inglés:
verbo[with object] Grammar
Form (a noun) from a verb or adjective, e.g. output, truth, from put out, true.
- Some items in the last set might be plural nominalized obsoletes rather than verbs, but the ones I checked were third-person singular verbs.
- The second construes the process as a thing - the verb has been nominalized by means of the ing suffix - consequently, the temporal aspect of the process has been backgrounded.
- Perhaps by analogy with the compounds ‘schoolmate,’ ‘messmate,’ ‘playmate’, Edmund is treating the nominalised adjective as a compound noun.
- Example sentences
- The word ‘shooting’ here is a nominalization - a noun derived from a verb root.
- And believe it or not, ‘reveal’ as a nominalization is pretty old, in fact archaic.
- The grammatical analysis of both codes was based on passive constructions, mode, nominalization, lexical choice, and moderators.
Definición de nominalize en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan