- A mutation in which a sense codon that corresponds to one of the twenty amino acids specified by the genetic code is changed to a chain-terminating codon.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The proximity of the nonsense mutation to the start codon indicates that these mutations are null alleles.
- Another mutant isolated from the screen, LPY727, contained a nonsense mutation at amino acid 15.
- Another nonsense mutation at codon 187 is shared by the human, the chimpanzee and the gorilla, so that it is most likely to have occurred in their ancestral species.
Más definiciones de nonsense mutationDefinición de nonsense mutation en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.