Definición de notional en inglés:
1Existing as or based on a suggestion, estimate, or theory; not existing in reality: notional budgets for hospital and community health services
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- All Italian property owners are liable to pay income tax based on the notional letting value of the property.
- Hence, one creates these surchargeable contributions, which are a notional figure, based on what it would have been.
- In a formal sense, of course, the theory refers to some notional riskless rate.
2 Linguistics Denoting or relating to an approach to grammar which is dependent on the definition of terminology (e.g. ‘a verb is a doing word’) as opposed to identification of structures and processes.
- The notional definition of a noun does not cover such words as action, existence, happiness, temperature that belong to the noun form class on formal criteria.
- Example sentences
- Some Labor figures dismiss this poll, questioning its methodology, and especially doubting if the preferences would fall the way Newspoll has notionally distributed them.
- To the modern eye, it looks like a fairy-tale notionally transferred to a modern setting, based on a simple narrative system of dualities: good and bad, country and city, sweet blonde wife and wicked brunette mistress.
- This haunting work, though notionally concerned with attempts at intrusive human settlement on Mars, is pervaded by a sense of solitude and loss, particularly with regard to the fragile and doomed Martians.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan