sustantivo (plural nota)Entomology
(In an insect) the tergum or dorsal exoskeleton of the thorax.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Of the three regions of adult cuticle scored for ectopic bristles, the dorsal notum had the largest number, so data from that region are likely to be most reliable.
- The notum is well-developed, but it is impossible to tell if the eyes are large or meet medially.
- These mutant pupae have defects including shortened or bent legs, bristle defects, a split notum, and wing abnormalities.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Crosses to assess developmental delay, dominant effects on wing size, and notal bristle phenotypes were set up in vials and then transferred to egg-laying cages for 2-hr laying periods.
- The male scorpion fly possesses what is called a notal organ, a clamp behind its wings.
Late 19th century: from Greek nōton 'back'.
Definición de notum en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda