A word (other than a pronoun) used to identify any of a class of people, places, or things (common noun), or to name a particular one of these (proper noun).
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Many English words can be nouns or verbs, with the exact same English spelling.
- These children were asked to explain the meaning of some common Dutch and Turkish nouns in an extended word definition task.
- Of particular interest here is how the participants in the picture are referred to by the choice of pronouns or nouns.
late Middle English: from Anglo-Norman French, from Latin nomen 'name'.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Verbs are grouped as absolute, relative, or nounal.