Definición de nous en inglés:
1British informal Common sense; practical intelligence: if he had any nous at all, he’d sell the film rights
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- At least they appear to possess more nous [common sense] than is often credited to viewers of that kind of program.
- But it is hardly surprising - when just about every aspect of the curriculum is now prescribed by the government - that teachers feel impotent to use their own know-how and nous.
- McAllister's performances caught the eye of Liverpool manager Houllier, who was searching for an experienced campaigner to add nous and wisdom to his young midfield.
2 Philosophy The mind or intellect.
- In antiquity commentators traditionally referred to this intellect as the active intellect, nous poiêtikos.
- The Greek word for repentance is metanoia (from meta, ‘after’, and nous, ‘mind’).
- Sorcery is a tiny facet of magic, whose final goal is the realisation of nous and the unification of heaven and earth.
Definición de nous en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan