Definición de noxious en inglés:
Harmful, poisonous, or very unpleasant: they were overcome by the noxious fumes
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The closer I got to her room, the stronger I could smell the noxious fumes.
- Luckily I smelled the noxious fumes, ran upstairs and managed to extinguish it.
- Visitors have to contend with toxic gases, noxious fumes, and showers of hot ash.
very unpleasant, nasty, disgusting, awful, dreadful, horrible, terrible, vile, revolting, foul, sickening, nauseating, nauseous, appalling, offensive, foul-smelling, evil-smelling, malodorous, fetid, putrid, rancid, unwholesome, unhealthy, insalubrious
- Example sentences
- Other targets, sorted according to the noxiously specific Nazi taxonomy, were housed elsewhere.
- His personal sadism and the ‘kick’ he gets from exercising this ultimate power was revealed most noxiously in his public mimicking of the plea for clemency by a condemned woman.
- A threatening new creature rises from Japan's sludge-ridden Suruga Bay, feeds on the noxiously fuming smokestacks of Osaka, and sprays an acidic cloud that dissolves human flesh on contact.
- Example sentences
- The Nobel Prize winner for Medicine Charles Richet attributed this silence to the disgust that arises from noxiousness and the lack of usefulness of human waste.
- Second, the obvious grounds on which to terminate Churchill are not the stupidity and the noxiousness of his ideas, but his fraudulent claim to be something he isn't.
- While that fresh air (called make-up air in HVAC circles) is coming in, thirty years of advancement in home design and energy efficiency is leaking out - just so you can rid yourself of a few cubic feet of noxiousness.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan