Definición de nuclear power en inglés:
1 [mass noun] Electric or motive power generated by a nuclear reactor.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The Austrians have voted not to generate electricity from nuclear power stations.
- We seem to be uneasy about the generation of electricity by nuclear power, although it is far less polluting than fossil fuels.
- The main example I chose was the use of nuclear power for electricity generation.
2A country that has nuclear weapons: the confrontation between the two nuclear powers worsened
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The phrase ‘nuclear cricket’ was used to describe the test series between India and Pakistan in 1999, the year both nations became nuclear powers.
- The five original nuclear powers have suspended production of fissionable material for weapons but a treaty on this has been blocked by India and Pakistan.
- Five nuclear powers dominate the UN's security council, which authorises military action against other countries.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The nuclear-powered submarine, USS Greeneville, struck the underside of the 180 ft vessel, Ehime Maru, ripping open the engine room and allowing water to pour into the hull.
- A Soviet nuclear-powered submarine, carrying nuclear warheads, caught fire and sank off Norway with the loss of more than 40 crew members.
- The Navy is to take the brunt of the cuts programme announced by Defence Secretary Geoff Hoon last year, losing some 3,000 jobs, six surface warships and at least one of its nuclear-powered submarines.
Definición de nuclear power en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en Pakistán