- 1Wearing no clothes; naked: a painting of a nude modelMás ejemplos en oraciones
naked, in the nude, stark naked, bare, with nothing on, stripped, unclothed, undressed, uncovered, in a state of nature, disrobed, unclad, undraped, exposed; French au naturel• informal without a stitch on, in one's birthday suit, in the raw, in the altogether, in the buff, as naked as the day one was born, in the nuddy, mother nakedBritish • informal starkersNorth American • informal bare-assed, buck nakedAustralian • informal bollockyBritish • vulgar slang bollock-naked
- Thankfully, the nude model managed to find some clothes to wear in later issues!
- Peta is well known for its provocative ad campaigns, which sometimes feature nude models proclaiming they'd rather go naked than wear fur.
- Tricia Stewart was one of the members of Rylstone and District WI who posed nude for a calendar.
- 1.1 [attributive] Depicting or performed by naked people: she won’t do any nude scenesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- A newly trained sex change artiste has been arrested for performing a nude act on stage at a non family place of entertainment near a main road.
- Of the performers, Eileen Atkins steals the show and gets a nude scene in at just 70 years young.
- The 23-year-old hotel heiress and star of reality TV series The Simple Life wants to be taken seriously as an actress and rules out taking part in nude scenes.
- 2Of a pinkish-beige colour: nude tightsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- My lips were a glossy, nude colour, and the heavy, sticky feel of the shine annoyed me.
- Is that an artificial tan, or does she just tan nude?
sustantivoVolver al principio
- A naked human figure, typically as the subject of a painting, sculpture, or photograph: a study of a kneeling nudeMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Andy Warhol's Marilyn Monroe images are on display, as well as several Picasso nudes and Rodin sculptures, including The Kiss.
- Modigliani's nudes were the subject of his only gallery show during his lifetime and the police shut it down.
- All of Saville's monumental nudes employ photographic precedents, but not in any simple way.
in the nude
- In an unclothed state: I like to swim in the nudeMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Pensioner Brian Holmes celebrated his 89th birthday - by going for a swim in the nude.
- During the day, the island is strictly reserved for those who prefer to swim and sunbathe in the nude.
- It is not uncommon to see tourists as well as native-born Jamaicans enjoying the beach in the nude along this seven-mile strip.
late Middle English (in the sense 'plain, explicit'): from Latin nudus. The current sense is first found in noun use in the early 18th century.