A small termite-eating Australian marsupial with a black-and-white striped back and a bushy tail. Also called banded anteater.
- Myrmecobius fasciatus, family Myrmecobiidae
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I mean, we have an enormous wealth of reptiles, the richest in the world, our insects are amazing, our marsupials, our numbats and our bandicoots and our bilbies - how many people have seen a bilby or know what a bilby is?
- When we started, people didn't know what bilbies and boodies and bettons and numbats were, and now they do.
- The winery has a wetland centre in South Australia where it is also intended to release brush-tailed bettong and numbats later in the year.
early 20th century: from Nyungar.
Más definiciones de numbatDefinición de numbat en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.