- 1A member of a religious community of women, typically one living under vows of poverty, chastity, and obedience.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A Jesuit uncle, then chaplain to the Seattle community of Carmelite nuns, made an emergency appeal for prayers.
- During the 500's, Saint Benedict of Nursia established monasteries where monks and nuns lived in separate communities.
- True, in Roman Catholicism there are whole communities of monks and nuns who intercede every day for those who do not have the desire or the capacity to pray for themselves.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Many of the men wore white skullcaps and long white robes, dishdashas, and the women were either scarved and covered or in the full abaya, a black nunlike garb.
- A square window in a stark white door slides open, framing a nurse in a white room wearing a white nunlike getup.
Old English nonne, from ecclesiastical Latin nonna, feminine of nonnus 'monk', reinforced by Old French nonne.