- An isolated peak of rock projecting above a surface of inland ice or snow.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- McCarroll & Ballantyne suggested that the ice reached an elevation of only between 750 and 850 m a.s.l. in Snowdonia, NW Wales, and that the higher summits remained above the ice surface as nunataks.
- This would leave Scafell Pikes and other peaks protruding as nunataks, consistent with the observations of Lamb & Ballantyne.
- Remapping of several nunataks and ridge exposures reveals that the basal Neptune Group truncates a large-scale, closed syncline, developed within the Nelson Limestone.
late 19th century: from Eskimo nunataq.
Más definiciones de nunatakDefinición de nunatak en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.