- 1.1 Astronomy A periodic oscillation of the earth’s axis which causes the precession of the poles to follow a wavy rather than a circular path.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- There is a small periodic effect called nutation superimposed on precession caused by the motion of the perihelion of the Moon.
- In addition to the precession and nutation of the Earth's rotational axis, the Earth itself undergoes a wobble such that the crust wanders about the rotational axis with a combination of two periods and amplitudes.
- Bessel's work in determining the constants of precession, nutation and aberration won him further honours, such as a prize from the Berlin Academy in 1815.
early 17th century (denoting nodding of the head): from Latin nutatio(n-), from nutare 'to nod'.
Más definiciones de nutationDefinición de nutation en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.