sustantivo[mass noun] Medicine
- A condition characterized by an abnormal inability to see in dim light or at night, typically caused by vitamin A deficiency.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Fundus examination is usually normal, distinguishing it from the progressive conditions causing nyctalopia.
- The insensitivity to dim stimuli is accompanied by a mild nyctalopia.
- Ophthalmologists are occasionally confronted with an individual presenting with nyctalopia (ie, a relatively greater difficulty seeing at night).
late 17th century: via late Latin from Greek nuktalōps, from nux, nukt- 'night' + alaos 'blind' + ōps 'eye'.
Más definiciones de nyctalopiaDefinición de nyctalopia en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.