(US also obligato)
sustantivo (plural obbligatos or obbligati /-ti/)[usually with or as modifier]
- An instrumental part, typically distinctive in effect, which is integral to a piece of music and should not be omitted in performance: with piano obbligato the obbligato partMás ejemplos en oraciones
- It is not sung, but only declaimed, and the music is like an obbligato recitative.
- The sequence of choruses, solos and duets accompanied by muted strings with, in turn, obbligato solo flute, oboe and horn, all supply inspiration and underline the work's deep spirituality.
- The skilful use of obligato, the counter melody flowing around the main melody, is an unfailing attraction of his music.
Italian, literally 'obligatory', from Latin obligatus, past participle of obligare (see oblige).
Más definiciones de obbligatoDefinición de obbligato en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.