- An administrative division or region in Russia and the former Soviet Union, and in some constituent republics of the former Soviet Union.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In the 1990s, governors of oblasts (administrative units roughly comparable to states) and presidents of republics acquired significant political autonomy.
- Ukraine has twenty-four administrative units - oblasts - almost all named for their capitals.
- McLure tells us that the Siberian oblast of Tyumen, with 2 percent of Russia's people, yields 65 percent of Russia's oil.
Más definiciones de oblastDefinición de oblast en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.